Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Laurie Anderson


Not knowing much about Laurie Anderson beside a few examples of her work, I find this article extremely insightful and equally humbling. Most interesting is how she perceives herself as being primarily a storyteller and secondarily an artist. And although the use of technology and digital media in her work appears to be of prime importance, she refers to it as..."just a way of amplifying or changing things...the least important thing about what I do, by far." She continually mentions that her goal as an artist is to connect with people in an personal and intimate way, despite how visually and sonically grandiose her artistic productions appear..."I always just wanted to make things that other people understand. That's my only reason to be here. My only reason." Pretty inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment