Monday, January 28, 2013

Marina Abramovic- Walking in a Circle Exercise

Time spent: 1 hour, from 11:50 to 12:50 on Monday, January 28th, 2013.

For this exercise I headed to Mayberry Park, to an area down by the river. This has been the most difficult exercise yet for me, for several reasons. If I were to do this exercise again I would venture out further away from civilization...I thought Mayberry Park would be peaceful and quiet, but I could hear the whirring of some kind of machine in a nearby building the entire time, which was distracting. Second of all, multiple people walked by me during the exercise, sometimes more than once, which was not only distracting, but rather awkward (she's still walking in circles??)! I would also increase the size of the circle I walked in...it was too small for the task at hand. In a minute I could walk two and a half laps...multiply that by sixty and you get 150 laps! I had much more difficulty clearing my mind for this exercise; maybe it was all the factors listed above, maybe it was because it's Monday and a whole week of work lies ahead! However, for this exercise I did set an alarm on my phone so I could keep walking without checking it to see how much time had elapsed. Again, an exercise not only in endurance, but resistance. I got pretty irritated at my phone because of this though..I kept glaring at it just waiting for the alarm to sound. Not my favorite exercise, although the resulting sense of accomplishment was rewarding!


Me before starting the exercise...happy, but not for long!


My path after an hour of walking...notice where the dirt is darker!

No comments:

Post a Comment